Saturday, August 8, 2009
Go You Chicken Fat Go!
For those of you unfamiliar with this flop of a national youth fitness program you can listen here. I remember my mom playing this record for me as a kid.*
Being able to work mostly on Fridays and weekends has been great in that one of us can almost always be home for David. But it's also difficult because it means a lot less time when we are both home together. When you factor in the time that Derek needs to spend studying for the CPA exam and that I need for paperwork along with just day-to-day cleaning, yard maintenance, etc. it's virtually impossible to find time for anything else. This is shocking I know because all the other parents of infants out there are scratching their heads wondering what to do with all the free time on their hands(yeah, right).
Pretty much all unnecessary tasks and even some necessary ones have fallen by the wayside for now which until recently have included exercising. Derek's been really frustrated by not having the time he used to for running and I'm pretty depressed over my post-baby body so we finally decided that we needed to somehow make time. For us the solution was to join our local community center. The fees are relatively low and not only do they have some fun family pools that David enjoys, there's some good exercise equipment and classes. They even have an indoor track. Best of all they have a fantastic daycare so we can go on our days off even if the other parent's not around. We've worked out a schedule that gives us both at least 3 days a week to work out and for the past few weeks at least it's worked well. So hopefully I will once again be able to wear my jeans of old.
*Note: Chicken Fat is not the workout routine we are using however.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Was that the same version of Chicken Fat that we had? I think Robert Preston is Prof. Harold Hill in the Music Man. Memories. . .
Post a Comment