Friday, May 15, 2009

Has It Been 5 Months Already?

I'm finally getting around to posting David's 5 month photo. He kept leaning forward so it's hard to see but he really is growing taller. When I compare the 2 month photo to now I can see that he really is changing. This month he's learned to scoot around on his back and tummy although he's yet to learn how to steer so to speak. He's also a pro at eating rice cereal by now. He doesn't understand though that spoons are not like breasts and bottles in that the food keeps coming if you just keep it in your mouth and suck so he gets mad when I take the spoon away between bites. He tries to circumvent this by grabbing the spoon and playing tug of war with me which usually results in both of us getting covered in rice cereal. Fun times. Are there any highchairs with wrist restraints? Just kidding. Sort of.

3 comments:

Rebecca said...

tee hee. Yah, now there's an idea to take to market. :) Maybe if you gave him his own spoon, you could hang on to the one with actual food on it? Might not trick him for long, but maybe for long enough.

Angela said...

The only problem with that idea is that when he does get hold of a spoon he jams it into the back of his throat and gags himself with it. What can I say? I have a crazy kiddo.

Peterson Postings said...

Things that are most difficult are worthy of our finest efforts. David is just reminding you that he is worth your finest effort...I think he is getting it!