We spent the week of Memorial Day with Derek's family in PA and David finally got to meet the rest of his family. There were a few rough parts (like the fact that both David and I got sick) but mostly we enjoyed seeing everyone. Here's a quick recap of how things went.We stayed with Derek's mom and Jim. Jim's niece and her family were also visiting at the same time which made for a full house, but their almost 1 year old twins were fun to watch toddling around. It occurred to me that David is already half-way there and while it's fun to watch him grow it's hard to realize that his baby days are numbered. Here's some highlights from the trip:

We got to meet David's cousin Alexandra! She's only 4 weeks younger than David and very, very cute. The babies had fun looking each other over although David kept trying to claw his cousin's face. I enjoyed seeing how different their little personalities already are. Ally will be content sometimes to just quietly sit or lay and look around and play with a toy. I've heard that baby boys tend to be more active in general and while I'm not sure if that holds up in general it's definitely the case with David. Next to Ally he was like a baby high on crack, constantly flailing and flopping around. I'm excited to have met our first niece though.
David went for his first swim ever. Grandma Ingrid has a pool at her house so we took David in for his first dip. He enjoyed getting his feet wet, but wasn't so thrilled about wading in. Unfortunately that water still a little bit cold, but at least he got to try out his new swimsuit.
Pop-Pop took David on his first tractor ride. My father-in-law collects old Allis Chalmer garden tractors so of course he had to take his grandbabies for a little ride. David lunged for the steering wheel right away. I guess he wanted to drive.
David also saw his first baseball game. We saw the Ironpigs (minor league for the Phillies) play although we were rained out toward the end and had to leave early.Mommy had fun at the baby clothing outlets with Aunt Erica, especially The Children's Place. We found lots of great deals and David is well-outfitted for the summer now.


2 comments:
Angela! Two words: cute haircut!! How pretty are YOU? (Cute baby, too! :))
Thanks! I got it done because David's always yanking at it and this keeps it more out of his reach. I've been really happy with it so far.
Post a Comment