I hope everyone had a great Mother's Day. Obviously this is the first year that I've been on the receiving end of this holiday (I'm not counting all the geraniums and other assorted flowers I've received over the years at church for being a 'Potential Mother'). Of course I think last year should count too seeing as I was pregnant and miserably puking my guts out, but I digress. Mostly this year I wanted to pamper my own mom a little so I invited my family over for dinner and cooked Indian food. I tried a couple new recipies which turned out okay but definitely need some tweaking. Also I baked a cake and decorated with fondant, something I haven't tried before. The finished product was far from perfect (see below), but it wasn't as difficult as I feared and I learned a lot from it.
It was so much fun that I made another fondant cake for Nurses Week (see header photo). I was even brave enough to try 2 tiers (another first) and while still not perfect I was pretty pleased with the results. The nurses I work with definitely appreciated it when I brought it to out meeting today.Last but definitely not least David loves bouncing in his jumperoo more and more all the time. He'll literally go to the point of exhaustion where one minute he's happily bouncing away and completely conked out the next. I managed to snap this photo on Mother's Day.
2 comments:
Wow, that cake is amazing! I'm so impressed.
ooh, nice cakes! And fondant...oooh la la!
Can't believe he conked out while bouncing! hehehe. Just having so much fun!
Post a Comment