Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Meal Planning Weeks 26-28

The past couple weeks have involved very little cooking on my part. We've had some meals delivered by neighbors, some from our freezer stash, and a few frozen or take-out foods. Also my sister and her boys have been in town and eaten a few meals at my parents' home. This week though I think I'm ready to start easing my way back into some of our old routines. I was extremely anxious at how we would handle the addition of Oliver into our family mix, but so far it's been relatively painless and I'm still waiting for the other shoe to drop. There are some challenges of course, but caring for Oliver and David together is less challenging than I remember caring for David alone as a newborn being. I'm sure that it will get more complicated as Oliver gets older and is awake more, especially once he's capable of causing mischief of his own, but at least for now life is manageable. Here's what I have in mind for this week (if you can't tell we're starting to pick some zucchini and squash from our garden).
  • Sunday: Derek blessed Oliver while my sister was still in town and we had pulled pork with rolls and various sides. Unfortunately I came down with a stomach bug that morning but everyone else seemed to enjoy it.
  • Monday: Derek and David ate at my mom's while I was still recuperating and warmed up some leftovers
  • Tuesday: Chicken poppy and roasted zucchini and squash
  • Wednesday: Taco salad using frozen taco meat from our freezer
  • Thursday: Potato soup and grilled zucchini
  • Friday: Broccoli fettucini alfredo using frozen alfredo sauce from the freezer
  • Saturday: Hamburgers with grilled zucchini and squash

    No comments: