Sunday, July 31, 2011

Meal Planning Week 29

This week has been a little more challenging. Oliver managed to catch his first cold and while thankfully it's been a very minor one he's been much more fussy and clingy, wanting to nurse constantly. Also Derek returned to work full-time (he had been working half days) so I'm adjusting to having both boys to myself all day. I've found it to be much easier if we can get out somewhere but am still working on getting all 3 of us ready in a timely manner without meltdowns on all sides.

At the same time though it's been lots of fun too. Yesterday we took the boys to the local farmer's market where they had a petting zoo and free train rides for kids. David loved it and Oliver was content to sleep in his stroller. Getting out to have fun is one thing that really is easier with the second baby. When David was an infant I always felt a bit out of place when we went to the park and other family friendly activities because he was still too young to participate so we just sat on the sidelines and watched. Now that David's older though there's so many fun options for him and while Oliver tags along for the ride.

Last week I did manage to cook more than I have been though I never quite got around to cooking the chicken poppy. It really has been nice to have a stock of frozen meals ready to reheat. This week I'm continuing to ease back into normal life and hope to gradually get things around here running more smoothly.
  • Sunday: Swedish pancakes with cream cheese filling, fresh berries, and nutella
  • Monday: Chicken poppy with salad
  • Tuesday: Vegetable soup (from the freezer) and BLT sandwiches
  • Wednesday: Pulled pork salad with corn on the cob and Raspberry pina colada smoothies
  • Thursday: White chicken chili (from the freezer) with corn chips
  • Friday: Family reunion
  • Saturday: Tuna melt sandwiches and salad

No comments: