With less than 2 weeks to go before the baby arrives (I'm scheduled for another c-section on July 2nd unless I go into labor before then) it seems like planning menus is the furthest thing on my mind. This past weekend poor David had strep throat (doing much better now thanks to antibiotics) and I've been going crazy trying to get everything ready for this baby. Then to add to the chaos it was a crazy weekend work-wise (my last on-call weekend before maternity leave!!!) with making visits from 4-7 am. Yesterday was a work day for me and by the end of it I felt like I'd just hit the wall for the level of exhaustion I can stand.
Unfortunately that's not likely to improve any time soon. Derek's out of town until Friday for some mandatory business training so I'm parenting solo this week. The timing's definitely not the best but I guess I'd rather he have to go right before the baby comes than right after and I don't think it's too likely I'll have the baby while he's gone. Needless to say meals will be less than spectacular this week (and probably in the next several weeks to come)
- Sunday: Sloppy joes (from last week)
- Monday: Too exhausted after work, ordered pizza
- Tuesday: Chocolate chip pancakes with fruit
- Wednesday: Tomato soup (from the freezer) with grilled cheese
- Thursday: Probably eat out after work again
- Friday: Scrambled eggs with toast
- Saturday: Celebrating Derek's birthday with a BBQ and cake/ice cream
3 comments:
kind of fun how much insight into a week just a simple meal list gives! Yay grilled cheese and tomato soup -- my favorite. Ours this week was specifically geared at using up some of our freezer and fridge supplies to make room for hosting a family reunion!
I hope David sleeps well tonight so that you can too. Just hang in there.
Good luck! Wish I lived closer so that I could help out. :)
Post a Comment