The chickpea burgers I made didn't turn out nearly as well as I'd hoped probably due to the fact that I was in a hurry and grabbed a whole bunch of cilantro instead of parsley while making them. It was a bit overpowering. I'll try them again sometime to see how the parsley would taste but so far I'm liking my black bean burgers a bit better.
As for the pizza I used this crust recipe but since I burned the last pizza I cooked I did not precook it according to the directions. I should have because the crust turned out a bit soggy but it was otherwise great. I used fresh mozzarella instead of shredded and fresh basil instead of spinach which was very tasty. Also I added the chopped basil AFTER the pizza was cooked which kept it from getting wilted.
The white bean chicken chili was not only quick and easy but it was pretty tasty as well. I used vegetable broth instead of chicken and 1 package of frozen corn instead of canned to use what I had on hand and it didn't seem to make a difference. We will definitely make this one again!
Here are the choices for this week
- Monday: Panini sandwiches with roasted vegetables and fresh mozzarella, roasted cauliflower
- Tuesday: Pumpkin penne with salad
- Wednesday: Thai chicken pizza with salad
- Thursday: Leftovers or eat out
- Friday: Tuna and spinach tortellini with roasted pears and butternut squash
- Saturday: Tomato and fennel soup with blood orange and grilled cheese sandwiches
1 comment:
Hey we do weekly meals too!
We fully support this idea. We try to make everything from scratch. Here are our last couple weeks:
Week 1:
Anne's Chicken
Feijoada
Ham & Cheese Pockets
Greek Caesar Salad with breadsticks
Chicken Alfredo
Pizza
Week 2:
Pizza Chicken
Potstickers
Caesar Wraps
Taco Salad
Santa Maria Tri tip
Pesto Stuffed Pork Chops
Hamburgers
Post a Comment