Sunday, January 11, 2009

Bring on 2009

Sorry it's been a little longer between posts than I planned. Even though I've been fairly busy the past couple weeks I haven't been able to accomplish much. David seems to be under the impression that all of my waking hours should be spent with him so everything else (like eating, showering, updating my blog) has been put on hold for now. The good news is that I've found something that will keep him entertained at least long enough to scarf down a quick bowl of cereal. He LOVES the little playmat his Aunt Erica gave him! He's not coordinated enough to play with all the toys, but he'll stare mesmerized at the mirror and the lights and all the colorful shapes. And since my parents are graciously taking care of him for a few minutes I have an opportunity to do a quick post.
Hopefully everyone had a good New Year. We had a pretty low-key celebration at home and I made some resolutions this year. Mostly I make (and break) standard resolutions like losing weight and being more organized, but I actually do have an interesting one this year. I want to buy and sell more used items from sites like craigslist and KSL.com. This not only saves money, it saves our landfills from overflowing and helps out our neighbors by allowing them to make a little extra cash. I've found that baby items especially can be found that are like new for a fraction of the cost and I don't have to worry that most of the money I spend goes overseas or into the wallets of overpaid CEOs. Anyone else have an interesting resolution this year? I'd love to hear about it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Angela! I found your blog by reading some of our mutual friends' blogs. Email me when you get a chance! I'd love to catch up with you. ginalyi@yahoo.com