I hope everyone has had a Merry Christmas and is enjoying the holiday season. Derek and I celebrated Christmas as parents for the first time ever and found we have some room for improvement. Originally we had planned to spend Christmas Eve and Christmas morning at our house before heading down to Grandma's but changed our plans last-minute to avoid driving during a blizzard. As it was David's first overnight excursion we frantically were packing everything we thought we might need and managed to forget David's presents from us and Santa. Luckily we did manage to remember his Christmas stocking with some small gifts in it and he still got plenty from grandparents and other family. David was very understanding about the whole thing and he gave Mommy her favorite present of all- he slept for 7 hours straight that night!Yesterday the fun continued when my friends Christy and Elizabeth came over for dinner. Both live out of state so it was really nice that we all managed to be at the same place at once. Elizabeth brought her yummy chicken enchiladas and Christy made our friend Amy's famous chocolate chip cookies. Mmmm, I almost felt like we were back in college again. It was especially enjoyable for me because I've been feeling pretty stir-crazy and isolated lately. David's still too young to take out in public, especially this time of year and I'm starting to feel a little like I'm under house arrest.
He really is a little sweetheart though and we love him more all the time. He passed his 2 week checkup with flying colors and has regained all of his birthweight. I put away all of his newborn sized clothes as it has gotten to hard to squeeze him into them anymore. I tried out the new camera lens Derek got me for Christmas and thought I'd post a couple of the results. Happy Holidays everyone!

2 comments:
angela- he is gorgeous! i'm glad to hear things are well!!
Your new lens works great! I like the results, but of course, anything with David in it will look good :)
Post a Comment