Sunday, September 21, 2008

The Final Stretch (Literally)

Now that I'm officially into my 3rd trimester I thought I'd post a pregnancy update as well as a picture of my growing waistline as requested by some of you. I had another ultrasound that showed not only that baby still appears to be healthy, but that he's also grown 2 weeks ahead of schedule (up until now he's measured exactly on target). If he keeps it up we can expect him to be pretty big which would be no surprise considering my family history.

The couple months of having energy and feeling relatively normal I had are now a thing of the past. It doesn't help that between an aching back, overactive bladder, and baby's nighttime acrobatic routine I think I spend more time tossing and turning than sleeping. And if you try to imagine how easy it would be to toss and turn with a bowling ball strapped to your stomach it might give you an idea of what a workout sleeping has become. Veteran moms have tried to console me with phrases that begin with "If you think you're tired now..." but somehow knowing that my next good night's sleep may be a year or more away isn't very comforting.

Truthfully though I really don't have much cause to complain. I may not be comfortable or well-rested, but I also haven't had any complications or problems that any other pregnant woman doesn't experience. And so far both baby and I are healthy which is really the important thing.

Finally, I'm planning on sending announcements/holiday cards but I need to update my mailing list. If you have moved in the past 3 years or are not sure if I have your address, please email me at aweil06@gmail.com if you would like to get an announcement. Thanks.

4 comments:

Elizabeth said...

You look so beautiful! Okay, maybe that's not what you want to hear right now, but it's true. :) I'm so glad you and your baby are doing well and are healthy!

Auburn said...

Hey, you're cute! :)

As for sleeping, I have one word for you: UNISOM. If you haven't tried it, it did wonders for me, at least.... I still got up a lot to go to the bathroom, but at least I felt like I was sleeping. OH! And another beautiful thing! The Comfort-U pillow! This big ol' U-shaped body pillow.... Oh man! You can flop it all around until it's supporting your bowling ball enough to almost feel like a normal person in bed (until the bladder explodes--or until you're trying to get OUT of bed! hehe).

Good luck!!

Christy Lou said...

You look so amazing! Glad you are both doing well and that there aren't any complications. Good luck on the next few months!

Rebecca said...

yah, that was my least favorite comment..."your body's way of getting you ready!" said in a cheerful voice. Ready?? I wanted SLEEP, not to "get ready"! :)

Next time I'm looking up this UNISOM Auburn speaks of...excellent.