Sunday, February 6, 2011

Reverse Psychology Works a Bit Too Well

"Mommy close your eyes!"
"Ok my eyes are closed but don't you dare take a bite of food."
David eagerly shoves food into his mouth while I pretend my eyes are really closed.
"Hey, I told you not to take any bites!"
Wild giggling and then "Mama, Teddy," Apparently I have forgotten to scold his teddy bear for not adequately guarding his food so I do so. More wild giggling.
"Mommy close your eyes again!"
So goes every bite of every meal and snack lately. The plus of this game is that it's made David somewhat more willing to eat more foods that aren't crackers or cheerios, but it does get old fast- at least to me. Hopefully David will someday tire of it as well.

3 comments:

Skina said...

I totally get this! The only way I got our little guy to eat his oranges was when I would say they were mine and he would then try to "steal" them and eat them before I could get it back. It is a lot of effort to get him to eat the whole orange!

Angela said...

I'm impressed! I don't think David's ever eaten 1 section of an orange at once let alone a whole one. We offer him fruit and veggies every day but we're lucky if he'll even take a bite. I've resorted to making fruit/spinach smoothies with breakfast so I can be sure that he gets some produce. Oddly enough he loves blended fruits but won't touch them in solid form.

Christy Lou said...

Thats hilarious - but I can see how tiresome it could get :) Good work with the creative solutions - David gets cuter every day!