Monday, February 7, 2011

Meal Planning Week 6

Today was such a lovely day for once that this afternoon we went to the park for the first time in ages. I brought my camera along which means that soon I'll be able to post some pics and write about something other than what we're eating, but in the meantime...
The only recipe that was new this week was the barbecue chicken pizza and I overcooked it a bit so it turned out a bit dry. Even though I've already made the vegetable tagine though I'd forgotten how yummy it is. If I ever had vegan dinner guests I wanted to impress this would be the dish. It's so tangy and sweet and packed with flavor. The spices and balsamic vinegar complement each other perfectly. I do make a few modifications like I roast the onion and peppers in the oven instead of grilling them and since biting into a whole 1/4 of an onion or pepper at a time seems like a bit much to me I cut them into thick but manageable slices. Also I only use 1 onion total and marinate/roast part and use the other part for sauteing.
The fajitas are another favorite but I've already written about them in the original post where I linked to the recipe.
  • Sun: Salmon cake sliders with coleslaw and sweet potato fries (These were very, very yummy but time consuming and I imagine fattening as well. It's definitely not an every day recipe. Also since the cakes are best eaten fresh out of the pan and 10 cakes is way too much for us I wish I had frozen half of the mix to fry up another day.)
  • Mon: Barbecue chicken salad. I have some BBQ chicken, gouda cheese, black beans and lime cilantro rice leftover from last week. We'll toss it with some lettuce, tomato, and corn and add some homemade ranch dressing to make a yummy salad. I'll also serve some leftover cornbread muffins on the side.
  • Tues: Potato soup with roasted asparagus
  • Wed: Pesto pizza and salad
  • Thurs: Wraps made with homemade humus, turkey, spinach, cucumbers and tomatoes
  • Fri: Potstickers and veggie stir fry
  • Sat: Leftovers or eat out

1 comment:

Jen said...

Thanks for posting all of the recipe links!!! It's always fun to try new things. I tried the potato soup today with our pressure cooker- so fast and easy, and so tasty! Can't wait to see next week's....