This photo doesn't really have anything to do with meal planning although it does show David's favorite food last week. I took him to a Valentines Day party for a local mom's group and he was pretty pleased to find that many of the valentines had candy attached. The bag he's holding is his own handiwork and he was pretty proud of it.Sorry if any of you are getting tired of all these food posts. I'm not trying to be tiresome but this is an easy way for me to keep track of recipes we've tried and past menus for when I need some ideas. Also I'm hoping I'll be more likely to stick to my resolution if I know I'll need to post about it and if there are any of you out there looking to try some new recipes maybe you'll get an idea or two. Feel free to skip these posts if they bore you. I promise no hurt feelings.
As for last week the chicken wraps were already a tried and true favorite so it's no surprise we enjoyed them this time around as well. The true winner though was the honey goat cheese pizza. Derek and I were fighting over the last pieces. Here's what I have in mind for the upcoming week.
- Sun: Not feeling great today so will heat up something quick while Derek and David head down to my parents for the superbowl
- Mon: Vegetable tagine with whole wheat cous cous and cucumber sticks
- Tues: Tuna noodle casserole (wasn't able to make it yesterday)
- Wed: Barbeque chicken pizza with salad
- Thurs: Crockpot vegetarian chili with cornbread muffins
- Fri: Fettucini alfredo with steamed broccoli
- Sat: Chicken fajitas with black beans and brown rice
1 comment:
I like to hear new ideas. I especially like to hear the verdicts of the recipes from the previous week! Here's our breakdown for our upcoming (short) week:
Alabama chicken (from a book called BBQ USA -- which Wayne loves)
Beef Stroganoff (Wayne's family recipe - admittedly not my fav, but I'm grossly outnumbered as everyone else loves this one)
Burritos (the secret is lime juice)
Chicken Alfredo with broccoli (great minds and all that!)
Chili
Post a Comment