As I reflect back on this past year I realize that in one sense not much has happened. Derek started a new job of course and I dropped my hours to part-time, but mostly we have stayed close to home and taken great lengths not to veer too much from our day-to-day routine. No exotic vacations or great adventures to report, and since David was born at the end of 2008 no new babies either.In another sense though this was the year that everything was new. Or at least because we (our little family) is so new everything else is too. Each day and everything contains some new discovery, some milestone and some first. First foods, first steps, and first words. David's first Spring, Summer, and Fall, and in a way mine too. After all, David is not the only one of us to learn and grow. Happy New Year and best wishes to all for 2010.
No comments:
Post a Comment