Whew, this holiday season has been fun, but hectic. Now that it's almost over I'm looking forward to relaxing a bit. I hope everyone had a Merry Christmas. My sister and here family were here this year and we enjoyed being able to see them a little bit (unfortunately no pictures though) before we left ourselves to be with Derek's family in Pennsylvania. While the flights out and back could have gone worse, they definitely weren't much fun for any of us. Now that David's walking he has little interest in sitting in our laps but he's still too little to be distracted by anything for more than a few minutes. Also because most airlines now charge for checked bags we had to pack all of our stuff plus Christmas gifts into our carry-ons and only 1 checked suitcase. The logistics of packing Christmas onto an airplane and flying it across country means we probably won't do it often, but still it was a fun trip and we're glad we went.
David was showered with toys and attention and got to spend time playing with his cousin Alexandra who is only a few weeks younger than he is. Both are only children who haven't had much experience with sharing toys so there was a fair amount of of grabbing with ensuing tantrums, but even so they were cute to watch. For Christmas I got a new flash attachment for my camera which I love. Now I can bounce light off ceilings to get crisp, perfectly exposed shots without the harsh effects associated with direct flash. Here's some pictures of the trip (many were taken with my new toy!).

No comments:
Post a Comment