Monday, November 23, 2009

Mmm. Pass the Baby Food!

Spices, herbs, and seasonings are my friends. I hate bland foods and love to try exotic new flavors. Knowing that babies supposedly like bland foods I used to make David special baby food sans seasoning, but he turned his nose up at all of it. Then I discovered he actually likes his food to taste good (amazing, huh). Strained carrots or peas? No way! But panang curry, black bean enchiladas, or chicken tikka masala and he's begging for more. A pretty good rule of thumb is that if it sounds like something I would like then David probably will too.

Yeah, I know that soon his tastebuds will probably change and he'll start demanding the disgusting foods that all kids seem to love so much like fish sticks and fries. For now though he's loving the pitas slathered with forty spice humus and olive tapenade or some lemon pesto ravioli and so am I!

4 comments:

Christy Lou said...

Wow! Cool kid :) I am impressed that you are making such awesome foods - of course he would love it!!

Angela said...

Well, I've only actually made some of them. Other times he's tried them at restaurants or such. And we still do have regular things like spaghetti, but he really won't eat food without seasonings.

Rebecca said...

hooray for an adventurous eater! And who knows...maybe he'll skip the picky toddler stage now that he's got some good spices under his belt.

Elizabeth said...

That's awesome! I want my kids to like good food someday too. :)