Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Back to the Grindstone

Last week David and I flew out to Washington state to visit my sister and her family for a bit of fun before my maternity leave is up and I'm back to work. Between our 3 kids and everyone managing to get sick in some form or another we didn't manage to do much, but I'm still glad we went. I haven't been out to see her since they bought their condo and this is the first time she and David got to meet. Michelle's my lifeline when I need some advice or a friendly ear as a new mom. She's probably saved my pediatrician dozens of panicked phone calls and I'm lucky to have her for a sister. She also took a few pictures of me with David which I appreciate because I don't have many pictures of me with him, and none that I would consider flattering.

This week I'm back to work. I'm only returning part-time and my office coworkers have agreed to watch him for me while I'm out doing visits. It's a great arrangement and I know a lot of moms would love to be able to have that kind of convenience and flexiblity. But I'm still so sad to see my days with just me and my little buddy coming to an end. Even though I did feel isolated and housebound and even though I do miss my patients part of me wishes I could just stay with him and not miss a single part of his babyhood.

Although I was technically supposed to start on Monday, between David still being sick (he just has a very minor cold) and other office happenings all I've really done so far is to attend a meeting. Tonight I do have a visit scheduled though and will be taking call so hopefully all goes well.

2 comments:

Christy Lou said...

I love the picture of you two, very good work! Sad to go back to work - but it will probably be kinda nice too. Good luck :)

Rebecca said...

Best of luck going back to work. That sounds like an awesome arrangement!